Most Rev. Oswald LewisBishop of Jaipur
The earliest Christian presence was felt in the 18th century and the first record of priests visiting the area goes back to 1870s. This station was visited by priests from Badikui and Agra. Until 1951 this station remained under the Arch diocese of Agra. Then it was transferred to Ajmer diocese. A small lovely Church was built on the land given by the Raja of Alwar in 1897 and is one of the oldest churches in the State. The first residential priest was Fr. Jose Anikatt who was sent there to open a school. He began the school in a rented building in 1987 and later a plot of land was bought and the school was shifted to the newly constructed building in 1988. In the same year, the C.M.C. Sisters of Kanjirapally Province opened a convent there to help in the school and the Parish.
Bandikui seems to have been visited by missionaries from Agra, certainly since 1870, and there must have been a small and flourishing community there since it was also a place of prominence for the Railways. The first Church to be built in Rajasthan, apart from Jaipur, was that of Bandikui. It was built in 1886 and the Priest’s house was built in 1893. Fr. Macedo became the first Parish Priest. In the year 1957 Prabhudasi Sisters of Ajmer went there to help in the apostolate. They opened an Ashram in the year 1959.
The station is run by the Jesuits. In 1990, Fr. George Karakunnel, S.J., began residing in Behror and started a school in a rented building with the help of Mission Sisters of Ajmer who came in the year 1992. Later on a piece of land was purchased and the school was shifted to the new building in 1993. Presently the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy are helping in the school and the Parish. The school is up to Sr. Secondary level.
The Station is managed by the Jesuits. Fr. Tony S.J. was taking care of the spiritual needs of the Catholics of Bhiwadi from 1988 onwards. In 1989 Fr. George Karakunnel S.J. was sent there as the resident Priest. The sisters of the Congregation of Our Lady of Graces opened a convent to help in the Parish and the school. In 1992 the school was started and presently the classes are up to secondary level.
The station is run by the C.S.T. Fathers. The station at first was visited and looked after by the C.S.T. Fathers form Khetrinagar. Later 2003, The C.S.T. congregation purchased a piece of land at Jhunjhunu for the purpose of building Church, School and a Convent. Fr. Kurian Moonjeli (C.S.T.) was the first Priest who started residing at the place in 2004.
The Mission Sisters of Ajmer opened a school here in 1975. In 1984 a new school building was put up and in 1991 a Church was built here. Late Fr. Cyriac vally was the first resident priest. Later in 1997 the station was handed over to the C.S.T. Fathers.
The station Sikar was visited by Fathers from Jaipur. In 1989 Fr. Bosco Vettica, CST, came to Sikar and started a school with the assistance of the Adoration Sisters. In the year 1993 the school and the convent were built and were blessed. The station is now managed by the C.S.T. Fathers.